Updated and Effective as of: March 10, 2021
Our predominant goal in collecting user information is to analyze statistics related to Sjögren’s Syndrome (“Sjogren’s”) and usage of our Services. We aim to assist in better understanding how Sjogren’s and other chronic conditions affect the population, and to support research and raise awareness of chronic conditions for which there are no cures. Further, we hope to use the information collected to improve user experience and enhance algorithms to track and predict variables, such as flares and aggravators.
In compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"), if you are located in an EU member state, you may contact us at email@example.com to request the deletion of your personal information from our servers. Upon request, your account and its associated information will be deleted.
1. What kind of information do we collect?
a) Anonymous Data
Some of the information collected from users and/or members may be shared with the App’s other users, affiliates, consultants, or others in an anonymous aggregate format (“Anonymous Data”). Examples of Anonymous Data include, without limitation:
· Demographic information, e.g. gender and age;
· Symptom information, e.g. frequency and severity of symptoms;
· Medication information, e.g. name and dosage of medication;
· General health information, e.g. information related to aggravators and comorbidities.
b) Personal Data
Some of the information that users and/or members enter when registering for the App or sign up on our Websites will not be shared with the public (“Personal Data”). This information includes, without limitation:
· Email address, collected as part of your App registration and Website sign up;
· Password, collected as part of your App registration and Website sign up;
· First name, collected as part of your App registration and account creation;
· Date of birth, optional information collected during App account registration.
Personal Data are collected as a means of organizing account information and communicating with users and/or members. If a user wishes to remain completely anonymous, he or she may provide an anonymous email address and pseudo name associated with the account.
2. How is your data used?
Anonymous Data may be shared with third parties, such as the Websites’ or App’s other users and/or members, prospective users, affiliates, consultants, and research communities. They are used predominately to generate statistics and analyze usage. Such information may also be used and shared with others for purposes of researching and understanding how Sjogren’s affect different population groups.
Both Anonymous Data and Personal Data may be used and disclosed internally or shared with third parties in some instances, which include, without limitation:
· Use of Anonymous Data, Personal Data, and information collected by cookies to understand user patterns and to improve the Services;
· Use of Anonymous Data, Personal Data, and information collected by cookies to assess crashes and errors for maintenance purposes and to improve the operations of the Services;
· Use of Personal Data to contact the user and/or member to provide support, request feedback, or send important information;
· Sharing or disclosure of Personal Data where required by law or to comply with a legal process.
In the event the Company undergoes a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of assets to another organization, the Anonymous Data and Personal Data may be among the assets transferred. The Company does not at this time sell your data to any third party. Should we do so in the future, we will provide you with notice by email or any other reasonable means.
3. Third-party Hosting and Analytics
* * *